- December 23, 2015: ChessPad 2.0.5 released.
ChessPad - PGN database
Feature-rich chess game viewer and editor
Create and manage chess databases With search function and multi-game tools
Create richly annotated games and diagrams and print them, or use them in WordPad, Word, or HTML-pages
Use chess engines (Winboard/UCI) for playing and analysis
download | screen shots
Current version: 2.0.5, December 23, 2015
Platforms: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
ChessPad 2 is a major new version of ChessPad. Many features have been added to complete the functionality of ChessPad 1.
New ChessPad 2 features include
And many other features!
- A beautiful, fully resizable game board
- A full game WYSIWYG notation view
Advanced database features including
- Search games on many criteria, including position and material patterns
- Game utilities to operating on multiple games, like settings game information
- Can handle any PGN tag, and even custom tags can be defined
- A single game list, that can be sorted on multiple columns, (e.g. sort on White, then Black)
- Pretty WYSIWYG printing of games including diagrams and board marks
- UCI chess engines are supported (in addition to the Winboard engines)
You can also check this blog, where some features in ChessPad 2 are highlighted in more detail.